On a gloriously sunny Friday, the senior school got together to demonstrate their sporting prowess in front of a packed stand of spectators at Rockingham Triangle. Although it may have been Friday the 13th, the day was very lucky for some!
Seahorses claimed the top spot, scoring 436 points; while Tadpoles beat out the Minnows to sneak second place – their total of 408 just edging them past the Minnows’ respectable 384. The Sticklebacks brought up the rear with 326 points scored.
Year 6 Champion Girl was a joint affair this year, with Antonia V and Eleanor B sharing the honour. Finley F’s wins in the 80m, 150m, and the High Jump secured his place as Year 6 Champion Boy.
Victrix Ludorem went to Jemima P for her stellar performances in the 100m, Long Jump, High Jump, and 200m. Victor Ludorem went to an unsurprised Harry M, who won all five of his events: 100m, 200m, Long Jump, High Jump, and Javelin.
It was a fantastic and thrilling day, with records falling left right and centre.
- Archie Gi set a new record of 43.47m in the Year 6 Boys Howler Throw
- Edward B beat Archie’s old record with a throw of 39.97m in the Year 5 Boys Howler Throw
- Jasmine M-C set a new time of 12.63 seconds in the Year 5 Girls 80m
- Thomas B crushed Pip J’s previous record, scoring a whopping 7.61m in the Year 6 Shot Putt
- Harry M beat Charlie Walker’s record with a jump of 4.5m in the Year 7&8 Boys Long Jump – do we see Premiership rugby in his future, too?
- Eleanor B set a new winning distance of 3.56m in the Year 6 Girls Long Jump
- Emma B christened a brand new event with a winning time of 33.27 seconds in the Year 7&8 Girls B 200m
- Eleanor B also set a new record in the Year 6 Girls A 150m, crossing the line in 23.59 seconds
- Ella I beat her own record in the Year 7&8 Girls 800m with a time of 2 minutes 42 seconds
- Antonia V shaved a second off Kirsty F’s previous record in the Year 6 Girls 600m, coming home in a time of 2 minutes 4 seconds
- Edward B set a new record of 2 minutes 1 second in the Year 5 Boys 600m