Our Year 3 and 4 pupils are having a great time with ‘Recorder Karate’ and it has transpired that quite a few parents would like to help their children with this, but just feel that their own skills in recorder playing and music reading are rather rusty!
There is a solution – Recorder Refresher! This is a morning session for parents of children in Year 2, 3 and 4 run by Mrs Ashwin in Music Room 1 from 9.30 – 11.30 on Monday 15 February (half-term holiday). As many of you will be looking after children at this time, Mr Ashwin will run a parallel session for the children doing fun musical activities – games and songs for children aged 5 – 10.
Details below …
- Date: Monday 15 February
- Time: 9.30 – 11.30 (with a refreshment break)
- Venue: Music Room 1 for parents and the Hall for children
- Cost: £10 per adult (inclusive of up to 3 children)
- Aim of session: to learn to play a number of the melodies that we use in classroom with the children. We will cover some basic musical notation in the process.
- Materials: Recorders will be provided for the session (or you are welcome to bring your own) and there will be materials to take away.
We need to know numbers for planning purposes, so please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of parent and name/s of children and their age.
If you are not a parent of a child in Year 2, 3 and 4 and are still looking for an opportunity to refresh your musical skills, email anyway and we can see if we can fit you in!